IEEE WCNC 2022 WORKSHOP ON PERFORMANCE EVALUATION AND QoX FOR FUTURE SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGIES
WORKSHOP DATE: SUNDAY, 10 APRIL 2022
TECHNICAL SESSION 1:
- "Presentation of QoXLab: Research Opportunities and Collaborations with the Thematic Network on Performance Evaluation"
Speaker: Maria-Dolores Cano, Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, Spain
- KEYNOTE: "INNOVATION IN THE METAVERSE"
Speaker: Igor Tasic,
- Paper 1: "5G Network Slice Selector in IoT Services Scenarios with QoS Requirements Guarantee", Invited Paper
Authors: D Chagas da Silva, Graça Bressan, Marco Antonio Firmino de Sousa, Regina Melo Silveira
- Paper 2: "Power Saving Techniques in 3GPP 5G New Radio: A Comprehensive Latency and Reliability Analysis"
Authors: Ali Esswie
- Paper 3: "Energy-Efficient Proactive Scheduling Policies for Finite-Buffer Regular Service Guarantees"
Authors: Basem Abdellatif, Mohammad Galal Khafagy, Nan Chen, Tarek Elfouly, Tamer Khattab
- Paper 4: "Enhancing QoS Through Fluid Antenna Systems over Correlated Nakagami-m Fading Channels"
Authors: Leila Tlebaldiyeva, Galymzhan Nauryzbayev, Sultangali Arzykulov, Ahmed M. Eltawil, Theodoros Tsiftsis
- Paper 5: "Capacity Cost of Fulfilling the URLLC Performance in Industrial 5G New Radio Deployments"
Authors: Ali Esswie
- Paper 6: "Experimental Evaluation of Downlink Scheduling Algorithms using OpenAirInterface"
Authors: Razvan-Mihai Ursu, Arled Papa, Wolfgang Kellerer
TECHNICAL SESSION 2:
- KEYNOTE: "DEPLOYMENT OF MULTI-USER HOLO-COMMUNICATION SERVICES IN NEXT-GENERATION NETWORKS"
Speaker: Mario Montagud, i2CAT & Universitat de València (UV)
Bio: Dr. Mario Montagud is a Researcher at i2CAT Foundation (Barcelona, Spain) and a Part-Time Professor at the University of Valencia (Spain). He received a PhD degree in Telecommunications (Cum Laude Distinction) at the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV, Spain) in 2015. His topics of interest include Computer Networks, Interactive and Immersive Media, Media Synchronization and Quality of Experience (QoE). Mario is (co-) author of over 80 scientific and teaching publications and has contributed to standardization. He is member of the Editorial Board of international journals, has been member of the Organization Committee of the many international workshops and conferences, and lead editor of “MediaSync: Handbook on Multimedia Synchronization” (Springer, 2018). He is currently involved in three EU H2020 projects: VR-Together, ImAc and 5G-Picture.
- Paper 1: “Privacy preservation and security management in VANET based to Software Defined Network”
Authors: Bechir Alaya, Khadija Assafra
- Paper 2: “Adaptive Multi-Connectivity Scheduling for Reliable Low-Latency Communication in 802.11be”
Authors: Marie-Theres Suer, Christoph Thein, Hugues Tchouankem, Lars C Wolf
- Paper 3: “Reliable IoT Firmware Updates: A Large-scale Mesh Network Performance Investigation”
Authors: Ioannis Mavromatis, Aleksandar Stanoev, Anthony Portelli, Charles Lockie, Marius Ammann, Yichao Jin, Mahesh Sooriyabandara
- Paper 4: “A Reinforcement Learning Framework for PQoS in a Teleoperated Driving Scenario”
Authors: Federico Mason, Matteo Drago, Tommaso Zugno, Marco Giordani, Mate Boban, Michele Zorzi
- Paper 5: “QoX-Driven Hierarchical Networking Scheme for Multi-UAV Assisted IoT Networks”
Authors: Yuying Wang, Xi Li, Hong Ji, Heli Zhang
- Paper 6: “A Machine Learning Methodology for Dynamic QoX Management in Modern Networks”
Authors: Leire Cristobo, Eva Ibarrola, Mark Davis, Itziar Casado-O'Mara
- Paper 7: “Finite Buffer Queuing Delay Performance in the Low Earth Orbit Land Mobile Satellite Channel”
Authors: Néstor J. Hernández Marcano, Luis Diez, Ramon Aguero, Rune H Jacobsen