We are pleased to share that we are now accepting applications for student travel grants. Only in-person attendees who are full-time students will be considered for these grants. The final grant amount will be based on the available funding and the number of applicants. Based on the past experience, we anticipate that only a fraction of the total travel expenses will be covered by these grants.
The student travel grants will be used to support a selected group of
- Student authors of accepted papers at IEEE WCNC 2022
- Students from universities interested in attending the IEEE WCNC 2022 program
To apply for the travel grants, students must submit the following material to the Student Travel Grants Chair Prof. Derya Malak by email. Because of the tight timeline, please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than 24 February 2022 (Midnight US eastern time).
- Student’s CV
- IEEE membership number of the student. Applicants must be current Student Members of the IEEE Communications Society (not just IEEE student members) at the time they apply for the grant.
- Applicants must register to attend WCNC 2022. If you have already registered for the virtual attendance, you have the option of changing your registration to in-person until March 1, 2022. View more details.
- A letter from the student including the title of the paper to appear at WCNC 2022. Briefly summarize your research interests and accomplishments to date, and include a statement about why the conference attendance is important for you.
- An estimate of the travel costs, including conference registration, airfare, and hotel.
- Supporting letter from the student's advisor. We ask that the advisor confirms that the student has full-time status and is in good academic standing at the given institution.
We encourage participation from underrepresented groups and diverse institutions across all geographical regions. Women, minorities, beginning graduate students, and first-time conference attendees, are especially encouraged to apply. Only complete applications will be given full consideration. A complete application is defined as one in which all materials required for the travel grant decision have been received before the deadline. Grant recipients will be reimbursed after the conference after submitting receipts and a brief survey form of their experience at IEEE WCNC 2022.