WCNC 2022 Author Instructions
FINAL (CAMERA-READY) PAPER SUBMISSION
Please see the detailed 7 step instructions in your paper acceptance email in order to prepare and upload the final version of the paper for publication. The final upload deadline is being extended one week to 22 January 2022.
AUTHOR REGISTRATION POLICY: REMOTE VS. IN PERSON
All papers must be associated with an Author’s registration at time of final upload. Note that the baseline cost for author registration is the same whether remote or in person attendance is selected. Please make your best guess to help us plan accordingly. To provide maximum flexibility and opportunity to attend in person, authors will have the option to switch between in person and remote attendance up until 1 March.
All papers must be presented at WCNC 2022 to appear in the Proceedings. We strongly encourage authors to travel to Austin to present their papers in person and enjoy the rest of the conference content, if at all possible. However, virtual presentations in the form of a pre-recorded video are also accepted, and indeed are being required for all papers as with other recent ComSoc conferences. To summarize:
- All WCNC 2022 papers must have a pre-recorded video presentation uploaded by 4 March 2022. See below for detailed instructions on how to do this. These videos will be made available to all attendees including opportunities for asynchronous Q&A.
- Authors are strongly encouraged, but not required, to also present their paper in person at WCNC. We will arrange for appropriately themed technical sessions for all the in person presentations. These sessions will not be recorded or streamed for remote attendees: only in person attendees will be able to attend them.
VIDEO PRESENTATION INSTRUCTIONS
All authors of accepted papers, regardless if participating in-person or virtually, are required to upload a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation to EDAS. The pre-recorded presentation should consist of a brief introduction with a webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. Please note: the file must be in MP4 format (more details below). The pre-recorded presentations MUST be submitted by 4 March 2022, to prevent your paper from being considered a “no-show.”
Our recommendation for recording a compatible video (from content displayed on your computer screen, and voice recorded via the computer microphone) is to record the presentation using Zoom – available to users on most platforms and in most countries. With this method, you may show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk.
Instructions for recording your presentation with Zoom:
For Authors who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, allows you to simultaneously capture yourself speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com/
There are also other video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. You may use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing - Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting - Meet Help
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session
- Teams: Record a meeting in Teams - Office Support
In order for the technical program committee to verify your videos and approve it for publication in the virtual conference platform, you MUST finalize and submit your video no later than 4 March 2022.
Guidelines for preparing your video:
Duration: 15 minutes
File size: 400 MB (maximum)
Video file format: .mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
In order to upload your video, you need to login to EDAS and navigate to your paper page. The presentation upload link is below the final manuscript submission link. You will need to register for the conference, fill the online copyright form, and select a presenter before uploading your final manuscript or video.